On 11-12 May 2020 a conference will be organised by EU Cyber Direct in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belgium Palais d’Egmont, Brussels, Belgium
In two days there will be aimed to:
- Foster productive exchanges between different generations of scholars (emerging talents and established researchers), disciplines (law, political science, international relations, economics, geopolitics, IT, media studies), sectors (government, private sector, academia, NGOs) and regions (Global South-North);
- Provide a platform for perspectives from Global South on key priorities;
- Build the capacity of young scholars required for key roles in policy making (or something akin).
EU Cyber Direct invites academics, researchers, and policy analysts to submit their cutting-edge research work on cyber-related topics, including, but not limited to:
- Responsible state behaviour in cyberspace;
- International cooperation against cybercrime;
- International law and stability in cyberspace;
- Comparative analysis of national or regional approaches to build cyber resilience;
- New technologies and cybersecurity.
EU Cyber Direct is particularly interested in paper proposals which approach the field in ‘out of the box’ ways and critically engage with existing policies and frameworks in a constructive, imaginative, and substantively well-informed manner. The conference organisers will then assign the selected paper proposals into concrete panels. On the basis of the submissions, the conference organisers will issue the invitations to selected researchers who are expected to deliver the draft papers at the conference.
The writing criteria for the paper can be found here .
The abstracts and personal information should be sent by email to email@example.com by 28 February 2020.
|30 January||Call for papers|
|28 February||Deadline for submitting abstracts (250-500 words)|
|13 March||Information to selected authors|
|25 March||Announcement of the draft programme|
|4 May||Submission of draft papers|
|11-12 May||‘Closing the gap’ conference|