Starting this week, entrepreneurs and businesses can register their start-up initiatives for the Blue Tulip Awards, the successor of the Accenture Innovation Awards. With the change of name, Accenture wants to increase the strength of the big start-up ecosystem comprised of starting entrepreneurs, big businesses, accelerators, investors and other innovation partners, and stimulate the growth of it.
Start-ups as well as bigger businesses with start-up initiatives which are younger than three years, can register themselves for the Blue Tulip Awards. Participants can register for the following themes: Health, Nutrition, Living & Working, Finance, Climate, Education, Mobility and Security (How can security play a pivotal role in creating a safer and brighter digital future?). Registration is open until 17 November 2019.
Partners of the Blue Tulip Awards are, amongst others, Avanade, Dell EMC, Growth Tribe, Impacthub, Microsoft, nlgroeit, Oracle, PNO, Rockstart, Silicon Canals, Stibbe, SubTracers, Symbid, Techleaps.nl, TekDelta, The Next Web and Yes!Delft.
Start-up initiatives play an ever growing role, says Accenture. They give an interpretation to a whole new international market: one which is based on entrepreneurship, innovation and decisiveness. Therefore, the acceleratorprogramme is renamed to Blue Tulip Awards.
"In this manner, we hope to encourage more organisations to join. This way, we can increase the impact of the ecosystem together through connecting the promising start-ups with accelerators, investors and innovation partners".
The timeline is as follows:
- The registration period for innovation is until the 17th of November 2019.
- 2 - 10 December: jury meetings.
- 14 January 2020: announcement top 25-innovations per theme.
- 14 February 2020: announcement top 10-innovations per theme.
- 13 March 2020: announcement top 5-innovations per theme.
- 17 April 2020: the finales of the Blue Tulip Awards takes place during the Accenture Innovation Summit. After pitches of the finalists, the winners per category will be announced.