About The Hague Security Delta
What's happening in the
Dutch Security Domain?
Master Class Big Data for Policymakers
Equipping the Professionals of Today with the Skills of Tomorrow
The public sector is the largest single consumer and producer of Big Data, which is expected to generate savings, new insights and improved efficiences. Examples include the US Department of Agriculture reducing food stamp fraud by 60%, Big Healthcare Data revolutionising the detection and effective treatment of patients and crime reductions thanks to Big Data driven rerouting of Police Patrol Beats. At the highest level, the Financieel Dagblad estimates it will save the Dutch Government over 45 billion Euros.
This two day Master Class explores in depth various aspects of Big Data in the public sector.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Master Class is ideal for professionals from across the public sector, semi-public sector and international organisations.
Teachers on this programme include leading Computer Science professionals working in data analytics, technology consulting and business intelligence with the public sector.
- Understand the definitions of Big Data and compare Big Data analytics with traditional small data approaches.
- Manage the public sector’s ever increasing Open Data commitments, and the possibilities and pitfalls this brings.
- Recognise existing Big Data solutions and adapt them to your department, for example within data collection, storage and usage.
- Develop new solutions with Sentiment and Predictive analytics and apply these to your department.
- Communicate your Big Data solutions with the best visuals and prose, to specialists and non-specialists alike.
- This Master Class will be taught in English.
- More info about the Big Data Workshop