JanusID is a European, independent and globally focused organization that:
- provides personal identities (user accounts) for easy access to online services and shops
- enables businesses to simplify and improve their customer interaction whilst reducing data risks
- fulfills the generally accepted needs for privacy, security and trust on the internet
- gives users a dashboard to manage their data and consents to share
- works with proven components using globally adopted open standards
JanusID is currently developing and marketing its products. In September 2016 we released and panel-tested a fully functional version for demonstration purposes. In May 2017 an upgrade with new UI/UX and additional functionality was released. Suitable for mobile and desktop. With 'Checked ID' we're developing a unique SaaS product for mobile identity proofing. This secure, fast and GDPR compliant app is set for launch early 2018.
JanusID is named after the ancient Roman god Janus who watched over the city’s gates and passages. He ensured people could live in freedom, safety and prosperity and controlled access to Heaven and other gods. Our aim is to provide access to all realms of the internet with similar benefits for the global online communities.