On Tuesday 9 May, The Hague will welcome a delegation of Canadian cyber security firms for the Canada-Netherlands Cyber and Security Technologies Networking Morning at the Crowne Plaza Promenade. This networking event, happening in the margins of the Critical Infrastructure Protection & Resilience Europe (CIPRE) and the Soft Landing Programme Canada-Netherlands Cyber & Security Technologies, aims to foster collaboration between Dutch and Canadian companies involved in the cyber defense and security sector, and to find distributors, channel partners, and/or technology partners.
The Embassy of Canada, InnovationQuarter (IQ), the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Europe Network and The Hague Security Delta (HSD) are jointly supporting this event. You can be there to meet the delegation of innovative Canadian SMEs, interested in collaboration with Dutch and other European companies!
Canada's Cyber Security Industry: Overview
Canada has a lot to offer in the realm of cyber security with Canadian businesses continuously moving to adopt the most modern digital technologies in the rapidly evolving cyber security landscape. Canada’s key cyber security strengths include cryptography and encryption, mobile authentication, biometrics, surveillance, tracking and sensors.
Canada also has three of the world’s best laboratories authorized to evaluate and certify security products including CGI Group’s IT Security Test and Evaluation Facility, DOMUS IT Security Laboratory, and EWA-Canada’s IT Security Evaluation & Test Facility. Many of the world’s top data-protection firms locate their security operations in Canada. These include Blue Coat, CA Inc., Trend Micro, EMC, Entrust, Fortinet, McAfee, and Symantec.
Soft Landing Programme: Canada-Netherlands Cyber & Security Technologies
In close cooperation with Invest Ottawa, The Hague Security Delta, InnovationQuarter, the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Europe Network and the Dutch Embassy in Ottawa, the Canadian Embassy to the Netherlands has launched the Canada-Netherlands Cyber & Security Technologies Soft Landing Programme. This programme offers Canadian and Dutch companies a unique opportunity to 'soft land' for a trial period in the respective Dutch and Canadian markets. InnovationQuarter and Invest Ottawa are co-organizing the program and are dedicated to providing the participants with tailored support.
In 2016 there was also a seminar on business building in Canada, which reveiled opportunities for soft landing in Canada.
At the Cyber Networking Morning you can:
• Participate in matchmaking between Dutch and Canadian cyber companies
• Get up-to-date with the Softlanding opportunities and about building your opportunities in Canada
• Get to know the Canadian companies when they each provide a 5 minute “pitching” introduction
You will be able to schedule 20-30 minute matchmaking sessions with the following companies.
• Blue Bear LES Automated Analysis and Categorization of Media-Evidence
• Clearcable Networks Broadband Service Deployments
• eSentire Active Threat Protection Service
• JLR/Vorepass Search automation for e-search
• Mimir Networks Network Visibility, Anomaly Detection and Event Mitigation
• Solana Networks Traffic Anomaly Detection for Network Security
• Waw TechnologiesNetwork Security Monitoring and Threat Hunting
Date & Times
• Tuesday 9 May 2017
• B2B meetings / 09.30 - 14.00 hrs at Crowne Plaza Promenade, Room Statenzaal
Participation is free. Registration via Caroline Bolduc at the Embassy of Canada.
Deadline for registration is 5 May 2017.