On 8 April 2019, the new HSD Advisory Board has been officially established. The Advisory Board advises the General Director on the thematic programming in which the foundation is involved and on its substantive strategic course. The establishment is in line with HSD Foundation’s new governance model as of 1 January 2019.
The members of the Advisory Board have been appointed on personal title and will join the board for a minimum of 2 years. They represent a mix of triple helix organisations and different substantive backgrounds and will meet three times a year. During the first meeting the topics 'Human Capital Agenda' and ‘the implications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Cybersecurity’ were discussed.
The HSD Advisory Board members are:
- Chairman: Karel Luyben (National Coordinator Open Science and Rector Magnificus Emeritus TU Delft)
- Inge Philips (Deloitte, Partner Cyber Risk Services and Public Policy Leader)
- Willem Offerhaus (KPN, Executive Vice President executive relations and special projects)
- Lukas Roffel (Thales, CTO)
- Elsine van Os (Signpost Six, Founder and CEO)
- Jan van den Berg (Emeritus Professor Cyber Security Delft University of Technology and Leiden University)
- Erik Ploegmakers (Fox-IT, CEO)
- Berry Vetjens (TNO, Director IT and innovations)
- Han Biemans (The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Dean of Faculty IT & Design)