Horizon 2020 is a European programme which aims to stimulate research, innovation and international cooperation on societal challenges, amongst others security. For the 'Secure Societies' call, the European Commission subsidises projects that develop solutions for the selected topics Crisis Management, Fighting Crime, Border Security and Cyber Security. This call will be open from 15 March untill 23 August 2018. Secure societies is divided into the following topics:
- Fight against crime, trafficking and terrorism
- Protecting and making the vital infrastructure less vulnerable
- Strengthening border control
- Strengthening cyber security
- Strengthening European resilience in the event of crises and disasters
- Ensuring privacy and freedom on the internet and a better (social scientific) understanding of all aspects of security
- Strengthening standardization and interoperability of systems
- Support the EU's external security policy, including conflict prevention and reconstruction
Are you interested in getting EU funding for developing new knowledge and technologies within the 'Secure Society themes'? On 27 March, RvO and the Dutch National Police will organise an information session. During the afternoon the following topics will be discussed;
- The results from 2017 in Horizon 2020,
- The calls from the 2018 workprogramme for secure societies
- What are the tips and tricks of an evaluator?
- Presentations of participants in Horizon 2020 projects
For more information, click here.