How to Connect With the Second Largest Security Cluster in the World
The main objectives of this seminar are:
1. To update/ increase the knowledge base of companies from the Hague Security Delta and organizations about how to expand internationally and how to do business in the US market. The focus is small and medium enterprises, which are highly specialized and have successfully filled niches in the Netherlands and other parts of Europe, and should take advantage of export opportunities.
2. How to assist these companies in their decisions (also creating more awareness for the Fairfax County/Washington, DC, region as an ideal starting point for Security and Cyber Security companies from the Netherlands)
3. What are the key opportunities and challenges (economic; legal and tax considerations)?
4. What is the most effective approach to building a customer and partner base in U.S.?
5. What are some of the cultural differences in doing business in the U.S. versus the Netherlands?
Expert speakers will discuss:
-Commercial / corporate options and considerations, market entry strategies; do's and don'ts - what do you need to know before you get started.
- Case Study from a company on market entry and success in the U.S.
13:30 Welcome and Introduction Speaker: Rinke Zonneveld, director InnovationQuarter & Ida Haisma, Director, The Hague Security Delta (HSD)
13:40 Opening Remarks – Opportunities in the U.S. Market Speaker: Philip Hammerstein, Commercial Specialist, Embassy of the United States of America
13:45 Fairfax County, Virginia: Facts, Figures and Opportunities for Cyber Security Companies Speaker: Jatinder Kaur Khosla, Business Development Manager for Europe, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA)
14:10 Legal Aspects of Doing Business in the U.S. Speaker: Eliot Norman, Partner-International, Williams Mullen.
Speaker: Wilhelm Bongaerts, Partner, Bird & Bird LLP, The Hague
14:40 Effective Tax Planning for U.S. Market Speaker: Douglas van den Berghe, Management Consultant, Investment Consultant Associates
15:10 Targeting the Right Customer/Partner Base in the U.S. and Business Culture Differences Speaker: Mark D. Cowan, Chief Executive Officer, Cowan Strategies
15:40 Experience Report: Case Study from Expereo Speaker: Jan van Berne, Chief Development Officer, Expereo
16:10 Closing Remarks
16:15 Finger Food and Networking