Conference on Incident Reporting in Land Transport Security
CALL FOR INTEREST for Expert Speakers
The conference will gather decision makers, experts and sector partners for two days of information sharing, discussion and debate with a view to developing:
- common harmonized definitions in order to build an EU data base of incidents in Land transport in the four domains of road and rail cargo theft, metal theft and international graffiti;
- common processes for reporting incidents across the EU;
- common analysis methodology to develop an EU picture;
- solutions for an efficient EU cooperation and exchange of information at the transnational EU level
The conference program includes the following themes:
2. Data reporting systems and processes
3. Data collection
4. Data analysis
5. Data architecture
6. Smart software utilising predictive technologies
A mixture of presentations, panel sessions and seminars will provide a forum for the participants to provide their contributions and allow for all attendees to give their views on the different issues raised. Proposed presentations will be on subjects in accordance with one of the six themes.
Application Process for Expert Speakers:
The applicant is invited to provide the following elements in order to be taken into consideration for submission (to MOVE-LANDSEC@ec.europa.eu ):
- Biography (with photo) including summary of positions held
- References relevant to expertise including academia; published papers; EU and FP7/H2020 participation
- Provide an outline of the proposed speech/presentation (10 lines max)
- Deadline of submission: 31 July 2015
- Selection of papers will be done by the 15 September 2015.
If the speech is approved, the final presentation (PowerPoint) has to be provided before 25 September 2015. A PowerPoint presentation template ensuring harmonized presentation of the papers of the different speakers during the conference will be available in the website. The registration for the speakers is free of charge.
If you need any further information concerning this important event, please contact:
European Commission: MOVE-LANDSEC@ec.europa.eu