Startup Europe Week
Over the last decade, many global initiatives have been created to celebrate entrepreneurship. Typically, such events follow the Silicon Valley format (keynote motivational speeches, networking sessions etc). But Europe is different and requires something more when it comes to celebrating entrepreneurship to meet its peculiarities. Regional diversity and local policy making still play a big role in shaping European startups. From helping entrepreneurs to incorporate a company, to providing grants or taxes breaks, European regions are key players.
That is why we think it is critical to include the regions in this conversation. And that is exactly why we created the Startup Europe Week.
These are some of the SEW goals:
– Showcase best initiatives promoted by regions to support entrepreneurs.
– Inform the local ecosystem about what already exists to help them now.
– Provide live consulting sessions on how to open a company, apply for a grant etc.
– Share among regional officers what other regions in Europe are doing and what can be leveraged locally.
– Connect regional officers, investors and corporates to create stronger local ecosystems.