European Cyber Security Month
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is an EU advocacy campaign that promotes cyber security among citizens and advocates for change in the perception of cyber-threats by promoting data and information security, education, sharing of good practices and competitions. The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission DG CONNECT and Partners are deploying the European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) every October.
2016: CURRENT CAMPAIGN
Building together a joint EU advocacy campaign on NIS topics!
The objectives of the European Cyber Security Month:
- generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- involve relevant stakeholders;
- increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.