Five innovation projects will receive in total one million Euro from the HSD Development Fund. The HSD Development Fund was established in July 2013 with the intent to encourage innovation and cooperation in the security cluster. Twenty-two consortia applied to the fund for co-financing of their innovation projects.
These five applications were selected for co-financing by the fund:
- Blood in the Spotlight: development of a special camera for forensic investigation, which can determine the age of blood traces without these traces being destroyed or touched.
- The Crisis Communication Game: a serious game for crisis communication professionals to increase their knowledge and skills.
- Futurebase: a platform to be able to record and analyse strategic information in support of decision making about strategic issues in national security.
- SAM Outdoor: development of a robot that can serve as a guard in outdoor environments.
- Tokenizer: development of a tool that provides an additional security layer for logging in to e-mail accounts and internet platforms.
In 2014, the HSD Development Fund will open a second call for co-financing of innovative projects in the field of security.
The HSD Development Fund is one of the 17 initiatives listed in the HSD Master Plan for 2012–2014.
The HSD Development Fund is made available by the Municipality of The Hague and the European Community.