As of today, The Hague Security Delta (HSD) has officially been established as a foundation. The security cluster aims to stimulate economic development and innovation in security. The newly established foundation acts as driving force, responsible for the implementation of the strategic direction and the international promotion of the security cluster, through trade missions, communication and acquisition of companies, institutions and conferences.
Other tasks include:
- Alignment of supply and demand, by encouraging businesses, government and knowledge institutions to cooperate
- Strengthen relationships with government, other economic regions in the Netherlands (e.g. Eindhoven and Twente), the European Union and overseas security clusters (e.g. Canada, USA, Singapore and United Kingdom)
- Alignment of funds and resources for innovation projects
- Increase the availability of specialized staff and graduates in security
- Improve the business climate for organizations in the security cluster