The Netherlands offers an unmatched business climate for security businesses:
- A dedicated foreign investment team, offering confidential, free of charge services to international companies, incl. matchmaking services.
- A strong network of resellers and distributors
- 300 million consumers within 600 miles
- Located on mainland Europe, member of the EU and Eurozone
- Highly educated and multilingual workforce
- A competitive tax climate
- Presence of Dutch security cluster HSD: network of businesses, knowledge institutions and governments
- HSD Campus in The Hague
The Hague has established itself as a major hub for cyber security in Europe, which is demonstrated by the presence of a wide range of cyber security organisations, such as the European Cybercrime Centre Europol (EC3), the National Cyber Security Centre, NATO Communications and Information Agency, Cyber Security Academy and a wide range of security businesses. The city is also home to the HSD Campus, the national innovation centre for security, where businesses, governments and knowledge institutions collaborate to develop innovative security solutions.
Interested in establishing in the Netherlands?
HSD works closely together with national and regional development agencies to allow foreign businesses to establish themselves in the Netherlands, providing a secure gateway to Europe. The InnovationQuarter team can provide you with practical information on sector specific topics, assist you in establishing here effectively and connects you to a wide network in West Holland. Want to know more? Visit their website.
Benefits of a HSD Partnership
Organisations located in the Netherlands can become a partner of HSD. As HSD partner you can use the HSD network to get in touch with businesses, governments and knowledge institutions in the security domain. Moreover, the security network also provides you with:
- Dedicated HSD Office and SME Service Desk , providing advice, matchmaking, and support
- Access to innovation projects, capital, market, knowledge and the HSD Security Talent Community
- Cutting-edge knowledge and expertise available from HSD partners
Economic potential Dutch security domain
This infographic gives an overview of the economic potential of the total security domain in the Netherlands, researched by Policy Research Corporation (2017).